Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Kitting up Projects

We had my 14-year-old son's birthday party a month late (he had the flu on his birthday and it's so close to Christmas) over the weekend.  We had two boys spend the night and then my husband took them shooting on Saturday.  They were supposed to go to a range, but it was so busy they went to my FIL's girlfriend's farm and had a blast.  One of the boys said it was the best birthday party he had been to.  Awww...

So I mentioned this because in the middle of all this I had the house to myself (youngest was upstairs playing Xbox) and I was able to kit up a bunch of projects.

I got out several bags that are really too small to be my purse, but I love Vera Bradley purses so I kept them.  Voila perfect project bags!  I also got out yarn, looked around Ravelry and planned out several projects.  Below you can see the before and the after.

I kitted up the Almost Lost Washcloth (which is now finished), a hat made of Rios Primavera Malabrigo for my husband, socks for my husband, slipper socks for me, a hat and wristlets for me and Follow Your Arrow 2 MKAL by Ysolda.  This was all on Saturday.

Yesterday I had the day off and I started several of these projects getting them cast on and a few rows done.  I have had a blast and now I can grab one of these bags and go to work on any project.  Another bonus, I cleaned off some bookshelves to make room for my project bags. Yesterday I also kitted up a few others and placed some empty bags on my shelves.  This will be so nice when we are watching Breaking Bad in the evenings, I can just grab the project I feel like working on and go to work.

How do you kit up projects or do you kit up projects?  Any suggestions for yarn organization and project organization?  I'm always looking for suggestions and if you have pics of your stash or your craft room, please share!

 before
after

No comments:

Post a Comment