Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Currently on my needles

So what do I have currently on my needles?  I showed my project bags a few days ago, but didn't really mention what was in them, so here goes and hopefully in the next few weeks you will start to see my finishes.

Main project:  Mitch's hat, the Basic Bulky Manly Man Hat by Julie Laffoon.  This is a freebie pattern on Ravelry.  I'm using Loops and Threads Charisma in a dark grey color and a size 10 (6mm) circular needle. Love this yarn and hubby was very happy with the softness when he put on my messed up version last night.  I figured out what I did wrong though, I somehow missed the directions on how to do the decreases correctly and was just doing the SSK, and not the K2tog as well, so my decrease took a lot of rows and looked funny.  Not the pattern's fault, but the pattern reader, lol!  I took out the decrease rows and I am currently working on doing this correctly.  Hope to have this off the needles tonight.

KALs:

First up is my first mystery KAL, Follow Your Arrow 2 by Ysolda Teague.  I've finished the first clue, I think (I went with 1A).  It's my first shawl and lace-type-work along with my first mkal.  Clue 2 was given yesterday and I hope to start on it tomorrow.  No pics for this one either.  I'm using a pretty yarn that is a lighter baby blanket yarn that is really pretty.  I think it will make a nice shawl.  I am hoping to get to my LYS and get some other yarn to make an anti-shawl of this using the clues I didn't choose.

I am also working on GAP-tastic Cowl by Jen Geigley KAL in the Beginner's KAL forum on Ravelry.  This is the KAL for January and I have it on the needles and hope to finish before the end of the month.  I am using two colors of Caron Simply Soft knitted together, the hot pink and black and I have already worn two outfits this month that I had wished this was done.  Here is a pic of it on the needles, I have done one row besides the cast-on, but it's my in-the car project and my next main project.


Some other things I have started:

A second Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth by Traditional Design.  This one is done in I Love This Cotton Denims Ombre.  It's an easy project and once the GAP-tastic cowl becomes my main project, this will be my travel project.  It's also a great project to work on while participating in a family game of monopoly.

Slipper Socks by Lorna Miser. I'm making these in I Love this Yarn Sport Weight in Baby Blue.  This yarn is easy to work with and soft.  I have started the ribbing and can't wait to get back to it.
 
Socks for Him is my first official sock weight yarn project.  I'm not crazy about the yarn I've chosen.  I thought it would be soft, but it's scratchy (Kroy wool sock yarn).  It was the perfect color for the husband but I'm thinking I'm going back to a wool-free blend in manly colors.  Really I can't wait to tackle some of my fun colors of sock yarn, but really want to make his first.

No comments:

Post a Comment