Thursday, January 22, 2015

Dishcloths

Dishcloths are the staple of a new knitter.  I actually started with a  dishcloth, but my first finished project was boot cuffs.  But soon after I frogged my first dishcloth and started on one I found in Creative Knitting.  It was easy enough and I was pleased with the result. I can't remember nor can I find the tag for the cotton I used for this one, but I bought it at my sort-of--LYS, The Salty Sheep.  If I ever find the other skein of cotton I bought I can let you know what brand it was.  But no matter, I think it came out pretty good.  I messed up and frogged a few times and there is even a row or two that is wrong in the dishcloth, but I will enjoy using it. I love the texture and the yarn is so soft.




Next up I tried Grandmother's Favorite Washcloth.  This one is super easy to work up and now that I have finished 3 different dishcloths, I'm currently working on another one of these.  The first was made with Lily Sugar 'n Cream Cotton.  The new one is made with I Love This Cotton in the Denims Ombre colorway.

As far as different dishcloths go, my final one I have tried recently is The Almost Lost Washcloth.  This one was a lot of fun but did require some concentration to get the rows right.  But in the end I really enjoyed it and will make more of them.  This one was made in the Denims Ombre colorway of I Love This Cotton (and I do love this yarn).


What's your favorite dishcloth/washcloth pattern? I plan to keep making them as a car/pick up in a hurry project and make enough I can get rid of the awful looking ones we have.  And I have a lot of cotton, some was given to me and some I bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment